Tour Itinerary: Day One - Blue Mountains Holiday, Orange, Farmstay | Day Two - Bathurst, Blue Mountains, Aboriginal Rock Art | Back to Tour Description
Day Two - Bathurst, Blue Mountains, Aboriginal Rock Art
Farmstay and Blue Mountains Tour - Day Two
- Enjoy a hearty country cooked breakfast prepared on an open camp fire, or take a morning stroll in the beautiful granite boulder hills surrounding the Inglevale Homestead.
- Upon leaving the farm we head back through Orange and Bathurst (1), where we will stop in a local park for morning tea.
- Then we drive to Katoomba (2), heart of the World Heritage Blue Mountains National Park.
- Take the world’s steepest railway, the Scenic Railway, to the floor of the picturesque Jamison Valley, then explore the well documented and accessible history and natural beauty on the convenient boardwalks.
- The cliff tops at Katoomba afford unsurpassed views of the unique rock formations, such as the Three Sisters and lush flora of the Jamison Valley. We take full advantage of these before our final lunch stop in a local park.
- On the way back to Sydney we may have time to make a final stop in the Blue Mountains National Park to view Aboriginal Rock Art, near Glenbrook (3), painted by local Australian indigenous inhabitants centuries before the arrival of Europeans in NSW Australia, or we can visit other more accessible sites in the Blue Mountains.
- From here it is only an hour or so back to Sydney (4) for passenger drop offs at prearranged convenient locations.